Wednesday 18 April 2012

Goodbye House

Goodbye house.  I have lived about half of my memorable life within your walls. I've been happy, I've been sad, I've been bordering on insane, I've been desperate, I've been broken, I've been joyful. I think I must have experienced every emotion within your walls at some time or another.  We have grown up together. You have become what I think of as beautiful - plain but stylish, loved, comfortable and welcoming. You need a bit of TLC round the edges, but I don't really want to know what your new owners are going to do to you. Much of how how you are now was done with love. I will miss your beautiful kitchen, with your flashy worktops and glossy doors.  I will miss your big open area, and your lovely large and private garden.  I will miss your driveway, always waiting with my personal space. I will miss your crispy white walls and your old creaky floorboards.  I will miss your knee high handprinted stair wall, and your lightbulbs that we are so bad at replacing when they no longer work.  I will miss our cold bedroom, the birthplace of our beautiful daughter, and your frontroom which is always too hot or too cold.  I will miss my own little work space, so many hours spent working in there, so many secrets and conversations held within its walls. I will miss the way you accomodate lots of people so well, and I will miss the birds that we feed in your garden. I will miss your dishwasheer and probably  most of all your drying cupboard,
Goodbye house, I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment