Friday 27 April 2012

Hello New (old) house

Hello new house! Well, new to us house, you are old, actually about 120 years old. Very nice old actually. You have a nice feel. Even though you haven't been looked after very well and you needed (and still need in some places) a good scrub, you still feel nice. I like you. You had the dirtiest windows I have ever seen, you look much better even with the downstairs ones clean. I'm not so keen on your front door, I promise you will have a more suitable one before long, one that doesn't let a gale in down the sides! I do however, like your space and your height. I like that you are on five different levels, and our enormous bedroom. We like where you are, and you have nice neighbours, one bought us flowers and chocolates! I even like your tiny 'courtyard' garden. I have plans to turn it into a pretty space with fairy lights. Ah yes, fairy lights make everything look better in my opinion. They were up in the front room on the first evening. Oh yes, I like your washing line! even though I need industrial strength pegs to keep anything on it (the North Wind doth definately blow) I have remembered that I like the smell of outdoors dried washing, I had forgotten that in my years of having a drying cupboard. You have potential, and this I like. Plans are already underway for a kitchen re-vamp. Very exciting. After a week of living in you I can say that I haven't once thought we have done the wrong thing, I may have got a bit overwhelmed with all the work there is to do but I still think you are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment